Anything related to People, Processes, and Systems makes our hearts sing. Since 2011, Teneo Consulting Inc. has been working with clients to solve people and process puzzles through the application of Organizational Development expertise. We take the mystery out of consulting by providing straight-forward, practical advice, and tools so our clients can concentrate on achieving peak business performance.
We work with you to identify opportunities in the areas of People, Processes, and Systems. We draw on our expertise in Organizational Development, Project Management, and Communication to implement lasting organizational change. Our collective body of work has positively impacted corporations, cooperatives, faith-based institutions, small business, and the public sector.
Our approach is collaborative and relational. By establishing a strong relational foundation, we are able to recognize and harness existing potential in new ways that inspire trust and creativity. Your organization holds the answers; we assist in finding the right key to unlock new solutions to tired old problems that drive you crazy and cost you money.
We treat your business and your employees with the same care and respect that we would treat our own. We don’t shy away from challenges or sugar-coat the truth. If your organization is navigating significant change and you need objective honest advice, you are in the right place.
In 2016, Teneo Consulting Inc. obtained the licensing rights to bring DisruptHR to Edmonton. We love the idea of human resources having a rebellious future, one that challenges the status quo and makes us think differently. The next DisruptHRYEG event will be June 2018. You can purchase tickets at Eventbrite.
Work With Us
Set and achieve your goals with our assistance when you are facing:
- A crossroads
- A significant change in your sector or within your organization
- Merger or acquisition
Our change management expertise and years of figuring out people and process challenges across a variety of industries, means we have a unique ability to assist you.
Communicate strategically to ensure:
- Your great strategy is successful in real life and not just on paper
- You are engaging all stakeholders at the optimal time
- Your messages are on point and effective
We can partner with you to create a communication strategy to reach stakeholders with the right message, at the right time, through the right media.
Eliminate re-work and waste:
- Optimize your processes
- Drive dollars to your bottomline by streamlining workflows
- Base your decisions on data and facts when identifying inefficiencies
- Implement change in controlled workable chunks
We apply Six Sigma and Lean principles to facilitate the elimination of re-work and waste in your processes and systems.
Our founder, Joy Monsma, holds a Masters of Business Administration in Community Economic Development and has over 25 years of practical experience. She is trained as a Six Sigma Black Belt, has trained Green Belts, and holds Prosci Change Management Certification. Joy has held senior positions with Fortune 500 companies and taught at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology and The King’s University.
Others describe Joy as strategic, creative, energetic, and tenacious. She has an ability to connect the dots between disparate ideas and break down complex situations into approachable pieces. She applies her strategic insights to make a meaningful impact on the organizations she works with. Whatever your enterprise’s need, you can count on a consulting experience imbued with respect, integrity, and a sense of adventure.
Joy’s insights, expertise and humour have been shared in the following places:
- MacEwan University HR Club conference, March 2018
- Alberta Federation of Rural Electrification Associations Ltd., Annual General Meeting, February 2018
- Alberta Chamber’s of Commerce, ACE Summit July 2017
- DisruptHR Croatia May 2017
- Jobber Academy 4 Ways to Save Time in 2017 January 2017
- DisruptHR YYC Lose the 3D Perspective – Humans are Non-renewable Resources November 2016
- DisruptHR Meet the Disruptors October 2016
- Edmonton Journal Capital Ideas August 2016
- Workshop, Intro to Social Media, July 2016
- Event, DisruptHR YEG, June 2016
- Workshop, Mapping a Communication Strategy, April 2016
- HR Gazette DisruptHR Edmonton: Interview with Joy Monsma May 2016
- LinkIn Pulse Post, Six questions to ask before using data for performance management, February 15, 2016
- Workshop, Communication is Mission Critical, February 2016
- Human Resource Institute of Alberta, Apply clean diet principles to your data and performance management, February 9, 2016, guest blog
- HR Magazine, Lean in HR: A Roundtable Discussion, June 2015, pages 102-105.
- Harvard Business Review & HBR.org, Case Study: In Search of a Second Act, April 2013, page 136.
- Little Potato Company, guest blogger between May 2012 and January 2013
- Life by the Swake, a weekly lifestyle blog 2011-present
Our associate, Elizabeth Bowden BA, MBA, C.DIR, H.R.C.C.C., CHRP, CRSP, CCM is a management consultant with more than 25 years of expert business experience. Elizabeth is the principal at E. Bowden and Associates Inc.
She has an extensive background in planning and managing cross-functional business operations and technology projects. She is an analytical and a conceptual thinker who effectively partners with organizational stakeholders to assess opportunities, facilitate strategic decisions, and drive successful change.
Elizabeth’s ability to assess complex situations and identify appropriate solutions underscores her ability to gain meaningful insight and follow up with thorough analysis. She is particularly skilled at group facilitation and enjoys forging consensus among people with diverging ideas and opinions. Elizabeth values, and shares the belief, that leadership is a moment-to-moment choice and not about title, tenure or position. Leadership is for everyone, every day.
Elizabeth is uniquely qualified to work with your Board of Directors in the areas of situational and risk analysis or audits, to develop and implement Director training, develop, revise, enhance policies and bylaws and strengthen Board governance practices.
Elizabeth has completed a broad array of projects in industries ranging from rail transportation, advanced technologies, pharmaceutics, public health, to not for profit. Projects include:
- Board development
- Business and operations start up
- Health & safety audits including program development for corrective action where indicated
- Privacy program development and implementation
- Business restructuring facilitation
- Organizational assessment and development
- Human Resources planning and systems enhancements